CRIB-containing BORG2 protein
results03

Swissprot ID:

Q9UKI2

Accession No. / clone ID:

AL136842 / DKFZp434A0530

Protein description:

CRIB-containing BORG2 protein

Localization in Vero cells:

cytoskeleton - actin

CFP-ORF

ORF-YFP

htes3_30a5a
htes3_30a5b

Localization in PC12 cells:

cytoskeleton + cytoplasm

A

1663_loc1_031103_DIC
1663_loc_031103_DIC

A - DIC
B - protein of interest

B

CFP-ORF

1663_loc1_031103_1
1663_loc_031103_1

Effect of protein overexpression on neurite outgrowth:

blocks neurite outgrowth, 82% of cells have no neurites, remaining 18% of cells have decreased neurite length by 40%

Effect on neurite length:

nontransfected cells

1663_nl_norm

Effect on neurite length:

nontransfected cells

1663_npc_norm

transfected cells

1663_nl

transfected cells

1663_npc

Time lapse of protein dynamics during neurite outgrowth:

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite length (microns)

66.6601

40.4664

number of neurites measured

166

119

time

24 hours

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite number per cell

1.78261

1.46914

number of cells measured

92

81

time

24 hours

crta203
crta203
crta3
ON63_position5

Q9UKI2_a.mov
924x320 pixels
size: 14.9 Mb

Time lapse info

technique: DIC, GFP
objective: 63x
microscope: LeicaASMDW
image taken every 3 minutes

crta3
crta203
crta3
ON63_position8

Q9UKI2_c.mov
968x220 pixels
size: 10.2 Mb

Time lapse info

technique: DIC, GFP
objective: 63x
microscope: LeicaASMDW
image taken every 3 minutes

crta3
crta203