GTP restricted dominant negative mutant of Sar1p GTPase (Sar1pH79G)
results03

Swissprot ID:

 

Protein description:

GTP restricted dominant negative mutant of Sar1p GTPase (Sar1pH79G)

Localization in PC12 cells:

golgi

A

Sar1_GTP_1
Sar1_GTP_4

A - plasma membrane staining
B - Sar1pH79G-GFP

B

Sar1pH79G-GFP

Sar1_GTP_2
Sar1_GTP_5

merge

Sar1_GTP_302
Sar1_GTP_6

merge:

 

 - plasma membrane

 

 - Sar1pH79G-GFP

Effect of protein overexpression on neurite outgrowth:

blocks neurite outgrowth, 64% of the cells donít develop neurites, remaining 36% of the cells have neurite length decreased by 35%.

Effect on neurite length:

nontransfected cells

Sar1GTP_nl_norm

Effect on neurite number:

nontransfected cells

Sar1GTP_npc_norm

transfected cells

Sar1GTP_nl

transfected cells

Sar1GTP_npc

Comment:

 

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite length (microns)

65.3432

43.5654

number of neurites measured

103

60

time

24 hours

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite number per cell

1.87273

1.76471

number of cells measured

55

34

time

24 hours