Hypothetical protein Q9BQI0
results03

Swissprot ID:

Q9BQI0

Accession No. / clone ID:

AL833896 / DKFZp761N011

Protein description:

Hypothetical protein

Localization in Vero cells:

cytoskeleton - actin

CFP-ORF

ORF-YFP

hamy2_1n1a
hamy2_1n1b

Localization in PC12 cells:

cytoplasm + golgi + cytoskeleton

A

1602_NGF_1

A - plasma membrane staining
B - protein of interest

B

ORF-YFP

1602_NGF_2

merge

1602_NGF_3

merge:

 

 - plasma membrane

 

 - protein

Effect of protein overexpression on neurite outgrowth:

blocks neurite outgrowth, 81% of cells have no neurites, remaining 19% of cells have decreased neurite length by 40%

Effect on neurite length:

nontransfected cells

1602_nl_norm

Effect on neurite number:

nontransfected cells

1602_npc_norm

transfected cells

1602_nl

transfected cells

1602_npc

Time lapse of protein dynamics during neurite outgrowth:

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite length (microns)

42.556

25.6637

number of neurites measured

158

89

time

24 hours

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite number per cell

1.71739

1.5614

number of cells measured

92

57

time

24 hours

crta203
crta3
1602_3

Time lapse info

technique: DIC, GFP
objective: 63x
microscope: LeicaASMDW
image taken every 3 minutes

Q9BQI0_3.mov
888x332 pixels
size: 9.4 Mb

crta3
crta203