Sorbin and SH3 domain-containing protein 1, SH3P12
results03

Swissprot ID:

Q9UFT2

Accession No. / clone ID:

AL117472 / DKFZp586P1422

Protein description:

Sorbin and SH3 domain-containing protein 1, SH3P12

Localization in Vero cells:

cytoskeleton - focal adhesions

CFP-ORF

ORF-YFP

hute1_22p14a
hute1_22p14b

Localization in PC12 cells:

cytoskeleton + neurite tips

A

1269_loc_1

A - plasma membrane staining
B - protein of interest

B

CFP-ORF

1269_loc_2

merge

1269_loc_3

merge:

 

 - plasma membrane

 

 - protein

Effect of protein overexpression on neurite outgrowth:

blocks neurite outgrowth, 70% of cells have no neurites, remaining 30% of cells have decreased neurite length by 39%

Effect on neurite length:

nontransfected cells

1269_nl_norm

Effect on neurite number:

nontransfected cells

1269_npc_norm

transfected cells

1269_nl

transfected cells

1269_npc

Time lapse of protein dynamics during neurite outgrowth:

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite length (microns)

59.3811

37.3515

number of neurites measured

116

102

time

24 hours

 

nontransfected

transfected

average neurite number per cell

1.75758

1.61905

number of cells measured

66

63

time

24 hours

crta203
crta203
crta3
1269_1

Time lapse info

technique: DIC, GFP
objective: 63x
microscope: LeicaASMDW
image taken every 3 minutes

Q9UFT2_1.mov
880x448 pixels
size: 8.8 Mb

crta3
crta203
crta3
1269_2

Time lapse info

technique: DIC, GFP
objective: 63x
microscope: LeicaASMDW
image taken every 3 minutes

Q9UFT2_2.mov
863x344 pixels
size: 10.2 Mb

crta3
crta203